Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Top 5: Mascaras


This past year I have been on the search for a good mascaras, and I am happy to have found 5 mascaras that have been added to my staple makeup collection. These are not ranked in any particular order but I think they all do a good job to make your lashes full and separated all day long.

Maybelline 'The Rocket' Volume Express (Waterproof)
Definitely one of the best drugstore mascaras I have found by far! It gives you a lot of volume as it claims to do and separates each lash. It does not leave your lashes clumpy. The only thing I would say is to opt for the non waterproof version as the waterproof one is is very difficult to remove even with the best makeup removers!


Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara
I was so happy to have found this mascara at Walgreens on my last trip to the U.S. With this only being $2-3 it is definitely worth the try. Honestly this ended up being as good or even better than some of my higher end mascaras. The only down side is that it isn't waterproof so maybe on those hot humid months I would stay clear - but honestly it is a great buy for your everyday wear.


Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara
This is my most worn mascara as I literally wear it every day or everyday I wear makeup anyways. Because I have blonde hair I tend to find that black mascara can be a little too harsh for that day-to-day wear so I chose this one in a dark brown colour which is perfect! It doesn't smudge at all therefore not leaving that 'raccoon eye'. It lasts all day but then comes off so easily at the end of the day! PERFECT! This mascara retails for around $13-14 (Canadian).

Benefit They're Real! Mascara
I'm pretty sure you've heard everyone and their mom talking about this mascara already - but with good reason! Currently I am using the small size, because I am trying to use up some of my makeup, but I have gone through a few of these in the past. I also got some of my friends hookup on this one as well! You can purchase this at Sephora and Shoppers Drug Mart for $29. Although this price is a little steep it it still worth it. The spiky bit at the end really grabs onto the corner lashes to give you fuller lashes.


Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara This is such a great mascara for those tiny bottom lashes that really just coats every lash without making them clumpy. This mascara stays on all day and doesn't smudge while coming off so easily at the end of the day. Although clinique is known to be a higher end brand this mascara is only $12 at Sephora. If you have trouble coating those bottom lashes I would definitely recommend this one.
Let me know what your favourite mascara is!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment