Wednesday, January 7, 2015

How To: Henna Inspired Nails

Since the holiday season is over and done with I wanted a change from the typical red and green nails, and decided to do something a little different. I looked at some simple henna designs on Pinterest and came up with this simple yet pretty design.

Here is a step by step tutorial on how you can create your own simple Henna inspired nails! You can really create this design by any variation of colours that you would like. The colours I used were gold, red, and black.
The exact colours I used were Sally Hansen Inst-dri in Cinnasnap (The dark red colour), OPI in Glitzerland and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out. I also used a "dotter" tool that you can get at your local Sally's Beauty Supply Store or within the brand Essence at Shoppers Drug Mart and a tiny paint brush for detailed which I got at Sally's.
1.) Firstly give your nails around 2 coats of the base colour - in my case the black out colour. Making sure this layer is completely dry before we move onto the next step.
2.) Then take the "dotter" tool and place a dot about half way on your nail but a little closer to the cuticle with the gold colour. The next few steps are a little hard to explain about placement of the dots, but I will include a picture to help visualize it.
3.) I then took the small paint brush and drew the curved line that you see above the large dot.
4.) Make sure all the gold has dried before doing this last step or you won't have a clear red colour when dotted on (or whatever colour you are using). With the small end of the dotter dot a smaller red circle in the middle of the larger gold dot. This is the final design of what I have come up with. Be sure to do a clear dot coat once everything has dried to ensure that the design lasts as long as possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment