Monday, January 5, 2015

Review: Maybelline Dream Wonder Liquid Touch Foundation


OVERVIEW:

Lately I have been a bit bored of my usually foundations, and wanted to try something new! I always have my Estee Lauder Double Wear as one of my staples but I find it too heavy for a day-to-day wear. I have been curious to try the new Maybelline Dream Wonder Liquid Touch Foundation, as I have seen alot of people talking about it on social media.

I bought it at Walmart, where I found it to be the cheapest at around $13.00 for 20ml. For those of you who live in Canada you can also find it at any other beauty stores like Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall, Target etc. There were alot of shades to chose from. I picked up the lightest shade in 10 Porcelain Ivory, which happens to match me perfectly as I am super pale at the moment (blame the harsh Canadian Winters)!!

Before applying you do need to shake the product as it is liquid based. You can hear the thinness of this product as it almost sounds like you are shaking a water bottle or something.
The applicator is in a dropper form that allows the product to drop slowly - almost too slowly though that I don't have the patience to wait around for it to drop onto my hand. I put a small drop on my finger and put a few blobs on my face. I used a Beauty Blender to apply the product and to make sure I had an even application. The formulation is very light weight and not something that I have ever seen or felt before, where is literally glides on your face

CONS:

Unfortunately everything met my expectations until I smelt the actual product. It has a very strong chemical smell to it. I'm not saying that I use natural products on a regular basis but I have never smelt something that strong. It had a nail polish smell to it. When it dried and was applied to my face I could not smell it anymore, but just being able to tell the amount of chemicals that are in the product prior to putting it on my skin scares me. If you are someone who is not really concerned about this I would definitely give this product a try!

RATING:

I gave this product a 8.5/10. I think what put me off was the very strong chemical smell that is hard to ignore when applying the product. Otherwise the bottle and formulation was close to perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment