Saturday, January 10, 2015

My Winter Skincare Essentials!

Hope everyone is surviving the tough winter months! With the dry air calls for a change up in my typical skincare routine. Here are some must haves to help my skin maintain a healthy glow throughout this harsh season! Let me just start off by saying that in the Summer I have extremely oily skin, but in the winter I tend to get very dry skin (with oily spots in my t-zone). With regards to the order of application lets start with the my daily face wash.

Wild Rose Advanced Brightening and Refinishing Buff Cleanser - All Skin Types

I use this cleanser every night. I really do notice a brightening effect after using this. It has small beads in it so it does act as an exfoliator. It feels very rich and creamy on the face - and the best part THE SMELL! It does have wild rose oil in it so for those who love the scent of roses, this one is for you. Another great part about the Korres brand is that most of the ingredients that are put into the product are natural ones. It specifically tells you on the bottle the percentage of natural content within the product. This one has 85% natural content. I think it allows the consumers to be more aware of what they are putting on their skin - which is very important!

FacEnvy Cleansing Gel

I have been using this product as my daily cleaner for a few months now and I must say I have been pretty impressed considering I have never heard of this brand prior to buying! I bought this product at IMATS Toronto and it is designed to get all makeup, dirt and oil off your face (and yes... even the dreaded waterproof mascara). It leaves my skin feeling super soft.

Bioderma Sebium Global

I have acne prone skin and this is the only thing that will keep by acne at bay and really get rid of any of those pesky pimples. I apply this after I am done cleansing directly onto the problem spots. I let this set in before applying any other products on my face.

Korres Wild Rose Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial

I apply this every night to my skin directly and when I wake up I have bright healthy glowing skin! You really do see the results the morning after - something every night cream claims but can never deliver! This sinks into the skin almost immediately.

Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer

I use this moisturizer every morning and night and it really keeps my skin moisturized and soft throughout the day. It gives a great base for any makeup application. Even the smell is very energizing and pleasant

Lush Ultrabalm
I apply this balm to any dry areas on my face that needs extra care. This is great because it doesn't irritate delicate areas. I apply this balm to areas around my nose and near the eyes. It almost has a thick wax texture, but still thin enough to apply easily to the face.

Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil (Light)

Lastly I apply this Josie Maran Oil to all areas of my face just to lock in everything that I have already applied and keep it moisturized over the night. If I am applying makeup during the day I will place a small drop into my foundation. Like I said before, I do have oily skin, but applying oil to my face tends to combat excessive oil that my face may produce.

2 comments:

  1. i've never tried any of these, really want to try some of the origins products!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete